cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

An example of why recursion needs to be handled better

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

An example of why recursion needs to be handled better

Whilst updating my suite of Useful Functions (well, useful to me, at any rate), I renamed a function that finds and replaces elements of an array. The new function name is fairly descriptive, replace, but I ran into an immediate problem - the name is already in use as part of the Image Processing set of functions. Unfortunately, and unlike Mathcad 11, there is apparently no way in Mathcad 15 or Prime 1.0 to re-use the name and I am very unlikely indeed to use replace as Image Processing intends.

This is an issue that rears its head every so often, and has been mentioned several times in the Community and the Collab. I think it would be nice if correcting this made its way onto PTC's list of Things To Do To Improve Mathcad ... if it already isn't in Prime 2.0.

Stuart

1 REPLY 1
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:StuartBruff)

In Prime you can change the label to "Variables". Not an ideal solution since that changes the appearance, but it works.

Top Tags