cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Angle Symbol in Custom Character

StephenConrad
6-Contributor

Angle Symbol in Custom Character

I would like to add the angle sysmbol (∠) as an element in the Custom Character menu in MCAD 15. Is this possible, and if so how can I do so?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's called a custom character menu, but you can't actually add custom characters to it. To anticipate your next question, I have no idea why they called it a custom character menu

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

It's called a custom character menu, but you can't actually add custom characters to it. To anticipate your next question, I have no idea why they called it a custom character menu

You may already know this but you can crate a function using the angle symbol. Please see the attachment, the function is hidden inside the area at the top of the worksheet.

I hope this helps.

Norm

Norm Schutzkus wrote:

You may already know this but you can crate a function using the angle symbol. Please see the attachment, the function is hidden inside the area at the top of the worksheet.

I hope this helps.

Norm

It is a built tool in Mathcsd Prime

%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%B7%D1%8B%D0%BC%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9.png

Norm Schutzkus wrote:

I hope this helps.

Norm

Why not so:

%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%B7%D1%8B%D0%BC%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9.png

StephenConrad
6-Contributor
(To:nas0k)

Norm,

Thanks for the insight. I am aware of this method and would have like to set it up to click on the angle symbol to insert in a calculation rather than having to hunt for the symbol in the table etc.

Stephen Conrad wrote:

Norm,

Thanks for the insight. I am aware of this method and would have like to set it up to click on the angle symbol to insert in a calculation rather than having to hunt for the symbol in the table etc.

Unfortunately thats not possible. But you may use another symbol (e.g. the bog dot) from that palette instead of the angle sign and when you finished the worksheet you can use Replace to switch all those dots for the angle sign. Not as easy as it should be, but at least you don't have to fumble around top get that angle sign - usually you would do it by placing one sign somewhere in the sheet and use copy and paste.

StephenConrad
6-Contributor
(To:nas0k)

Thanks for the offering. I'm perplexed as to how this is physically used. Where is the "<" symbol created. A step by step procedure would be helpful.

thx

Top Tags