cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Area Under Curve-Integration

Jacob_S
6-Contributor

Area Under Curve-Integration

In the attached plot i have power dissipation on y -axis and  time  on x-axis. My objective to integrate the waveform(on y axis- Area under curve) and then divide by time(x-axis: Time taken for covered area ) to get the average power dissipation. I am trying get an integral plot similar to the one  we get in the math waveform (integral function) in oscilloscope. I am attaching a video link regarding the same

https://youtu.be/Dh0xYu8YvaE

I am also enclosing the .csv file

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Jacob_S)

In other words:

You can only 'integrate' (use the integration operator) when you have a description of the function that you want to integrate. You do not have a function, but a set of data points. The best you can do is sum the numbers over your range of interest, and divide by the time difference over that range.

See if the attached helps.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi, answer to Jacob_S.jpg

Jacob_S
6-Contributor
(To:-MFra-)

Thank you

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

In other words:

You can only 'integrate' (use the integration operator) when you have a description of the function that you want to integrate. You do not have a function, but a set of data points. The best you can do is sum the numbers over your range of interest, and divide by the time difference over that range.

See if the attached helps.

Success!
Luc

Jacob_S
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

Thank you very much for the detailed answer

Top Tags