cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Bogus Array

AlvaroDíaz
9-Granite

Bogus Array

Is this Bogus Array documented anyhwere? What is it? Can have two columns or only one?

Regards. Alvaro.
9 REPLIES 9

Ah, the list form of array initialization. It's obsolete, archaic, and not supported by the symbolic processor. I suggest not using it at all.

So just like the nictitating membrane, an evolutionary remember waiting to disappear. Thanks for your reccomendations.

Regards. Alvaro.

AlvaroDíaz wrote:

Is this Bogus Array documented anyhwere? What is it? Can have two columns or only one?

Regards. Alvaro.

Alvaro,

The "Bogus array" is documented somewhere in Mathasoft, where ? It has lot of character and very useful per type of project as a "collector of items" and processing these items. In fact, it is a functionality previous to the introduction of the programming and at the time Mathcad conquered the DSP community. The most obvious example is the time series smoothing and finite differences integration and lot more iterative applications [from recollection: Valery Sunday cake].

Jean

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:jeanGiraud)

Jean,

Have you any idea how the Bogus Array was created?

Mike

MIke Armstrong wrote:

Jean,

Mike

Mike,

What I call "Bogus Array" does not correspond to what you have seen from other collabs. The *.gif above is created from the matrix drop down menu. The other style was natural in Mathcad 8, but really not usable like selecting the entire vector at once, so that I had abandoned and don't recall. It could be the Bogus array was a left over from the first Mathcad DOS ?

Jean

MIke Armstrong wrote:

Jean,

Mike

This is the HP stack style "Bogus Array",

create Alvaro's Bogus array

Jean

Interesting Alvaro,

you have revived this utility.

In fact, a superb project collector.

Thank, Jean

6_23_Trace_with_nested_array_MC.png

The BogusArray in short form

Top Tags