cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Bulb Filament using helical features.

MeDaveo
1-Newbie

Bulb Filament using helical features.

HI There,

Very new to ALL this (1st time on PTC) so bear with me if this post is in wrong place or incorrectly set out etc etc. Thanks.

I'm very new to pro-e also so here goes: -

I want to create a light bulb filament i.e. helical sweep along a helical trajectory and cannot find any available info on the web. I can already create springs and have read how to create spirals on one plane using equations (new to this also)

I think the 1st problem i have is creating the trajectory! Is this achaived using multiple planes or something along that thought?

Please help - Frustration setting in now. Am i doomed?

Regards,

Dave.

3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Mathcad part of the PTC community.

Among the many PTC products, Mathcad is NOT a true CAD product. You have managed to find the part of the community that probably has the least chance of helping you.

Near the top of the page you should see a list "PlanetPTC Community>Mathcad>Mechanical Engineering" or similar.

I believe that Pro-E has morphed into Creo. Click on PlanetPTC Community and choose "spaces", then "Creo."

Or type Pro-E into the search box and hope for the best.

Good Luck!

Dave,

Welcome to PlanetPTC!

There's an ongoing dialogue going on around helical sweeps and Mathcad calculations (Fibonacci series) that power them. Any one of the contributors in this conversation can help out. Feel free to reach out to them.

Check it out, Conch Shell in Creo Parametric

Or, start a discussion in the Creo Modeling community. I'm sure the experts there can give you step-by-step instruction, screenshots, demos etc.

Good luck!

-Dan

Ok,

Thank you very much gentlemen for your advice.

Regards,

Dave.

Top Tags