cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Calling Functions in an included Worksheet

jmarshall
1-Newbie

Calling Functions in an included Worksheet

I have an application where I am using a master worksheet to call functions from several other worksheets. I have just found that if I call a function from an included worksheet which then calls another function from that same included worksheet it does not work and treats the first function as an undefined. Just to clarify I have defined several functions in my Analysis Worksheet, let's call them Function A, Function B and Function C. The Analysis Worksheet is included in the Main Worksheet above the call for all the Functions. What I am finding is that I can call Function A but when I try to call Function B is says that Function B is not defined. The only difference between Function A and Function B is that Function B calls Function C. Has anyone else seen this problem? Do I just have to work around this or is there some way to fix this?

Thanks,

Justin

6 REPLIES 6
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:jmarshall)

Justin Marshall wrote:

I have an application where I am using a master worksheet to call functions from several other worksheets. I have just found that if I call a function from an included worksheet which then calls another function from that same included worksheet it does not work and treats the first function as an undefined. Just to clarify I have defined several functions in my Analysis Worksheet, let's call them Function A, Function B and Function C. The Analysis Worksheet is included in the Main Worksheet above the call for all the Functions. What I am finding is that I can call Function A but when I try to call Function B is says that Function B is not defined. The only difference between Function A and Function B is that Function B calls Function C. Has anyone else seen this problem? Do I just have to work around this or is there some way to fix this?

Thanks,

Justin

I've just run a test with Mathcad M030 and I don't seem to have the same problem.

Have you tried repeating the test wih a simple worksheet pair, one of which contains some equivalents of your Functions A  and B?  If you still get a failure to recognize Function B, could you please post the worksheets?

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Could you post an example worksheet (or, I guess, worksheets).

So here are the files I am using. I am sorry to post so much but it would be a lot of effort to skim things down and still make it work. The Main Worksheet is where I include the worksheets and the Structural Analysis Worksheet is where I am having the problem. It is also a little unorganized at this point as things are still developing. Here is a link to my Dropbox where the files are.

Dropbox - MathCAD

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Justin Marshall wrote:

So here are the files I am using. I am sorry to post so much but it would be a lot of effort to skim things down and still make it work. The Main Worksheet is where I include the worksheets and the Structural Analysis Worksheet is where I am having the problem. ..

Unfortunately, I don't have Excel on my PC (OpenOffice instead) so I can't run your worksheet.   However, I've checked Prime 3.1 using a a pair of my own worksheets and I've successfully called referenced functions that themselves call other user-defined functions.  So, in principle, it doesn't look a generic issue with Prime.   Are the worksheets conversions from an earlier version of Mathcad?  If so, it may be a conversion error.  Have you tried calling function B inside its worksheet using some dummy test data?

Stuart

Stuart,

You can use "Apache OpenOffice" portable version. It includes word processor, spreadsheet, presentations with Microsoft compatibility:

http://portableapps.com/apps

Apache OpenOffice Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

Your files are working for me...

Unbenannt.PNG

Top Tags