cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Changing units of input variables

seetheforest
1-Newbie

Changing units of input variables

Hi all,

If I use an Excel component in Mathcad and pass any number of input variables into the Excel Spreadsheet, is there a way to control what units are passed into the spreadsheet?

I've already tried:

• Multiplying the input by the correct unit. (e.g. if I wanted a variable to pass as an meter, I tried writing VariableA*m in the input feild.... doesn't work.)
  • Changing the overall units of the spreadhseet. For some variables this works gloriously as you can see in the attached spreadsheet. But for others (power and pressure) it doesn't seem to work.

Please see the attached Mathcad sheet. If you change the Worksheet Units from SI to U.S. you will see the weird behavior of some units properly adjusting while others give incorrect values.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: I'm using version 15 of Mathcad if that makes a difference.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Excel doesn't know about units. Mathcad knows about units, it will convert from one to another for you. If you want a particular unit for Excel, divide the variable by that unit (like scaling a graph) and you'll send a unitless number of the right value off.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Excel doesn't know about units. Mathcad knows about units, it will convert from one to another for you. If you want a particular unit for Excel, divide the variable by that unit (like scaling a graph) and you'll send a unitless number of the right value off.

Perfect! Thank you so much...

Announcements

Top Tags