cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Copy & Paste to Word Document

lsingh-2
1-Newbie

Copy & Paste to Word Document

Hi All,

Does MathCAD Prime 3 support copy and paste to a Word file? Prime 2 did not support this.

Regadrs,

LS

17 REPLIES 17

Yes, but unfortunately only bitmaps, no reasonable vector format. So its not really useful.

Werner,

That means it is the same as it was with MCAD 15?

NO! Mathcad 15 was NOT bitmap,

See attached a Wordfile showing the difference. try to resize, etc.

Hi Werner,

How did you make the last copy from prime 3.0 ? I tried a Ctrl+C in prime 3.0 but I cannot paste it in word.

I used standard Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V.

The difference is HOW you highlight the expression before you press Ctrl-C. It has to be pale blue. like when you are about to move or delete the region, not pale gray.

In other words - you have to highlight the region, not just the expression.

Thank you for your reply. That's what I used to do. But now I noticed that if I copy/paste only one block, it works, but if I try to copy paste several blocks, it does not work. This makes no sense. I will not copy every block of the whole page, it will take a while in reordering and if I make a change, I will have to do all the work again.

Obviously a severe limitation of the copy functionality in Prime 3.

If a single region is highlighted, ctrl-C copies a bitmap (not a vector graphic metafile, and thats a shame anyway) to the clipboard.

If more regions are highlighted, nothing seems to be copied to the clipboard. At least Word shows an empty clipboard.

Its beyond my understanding why a company with a high end CAD software as its main product is not able to implement a useable (and that means not bitmap) cut and paste functionality.

We can copy Prime's remarks into Word as text.

Valery,

How about copying integration, theta, etc. symbols into Word? I am more interested in copying "exactly" from MCAD Prime to Word.

Its ok, even if I am not able to edit in Word, I want to make sure that I can copy exactly.

Regards,

LS

Try do this with/thru pdf-format

Thanks Werner. The copy and paste from Prime 3 is not clear and blurry, whereas MCAD 15 is very clear. So no proper improvement in MCAD Prime 3 then. I guess I will stick to MCAD 15. Thanks Valery.

Have you tried doing "Paste Special" from Word?

Actually the paste feature is not available in Word in this case. I tried with Word 2007 and 2010, and windows vista and 7.

With MC 15, word 2007 or 2010, it works.

With MC Prime 1,2,3 I don't know

Giulio Fraulini wrote:

With MC 15, word 2007 or 2010, it works.

With MC Prime 1,2,3 I don't know

Unfortunately there are a lot of things which work in Mathcad but don't in Prime.

Giulio Fraulini wrote:

Have you tried doing "Paste Special" from Word?

You are takling about copying from Word to Mathcad (and there is no "paste Special" in Prime), but Sébastian is doing it the other way round, Prime-->Word.

I talk as MC15 user, and it works in both modes.

I learn now that there isn't the "paste special" in prime...bad thing...

Top Tags