cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Decathlon.mcdx

tdevaraj
1-Newbie

Decathlon.mcdx

With the curtain down on London 2012 at what were arguably the best Olympics to date, there were many highlights and performances that stood out- from Mo Farah doing the distance double to Michael Phelps winning his record haul of Gold in the pool. For most Olympians, their chosen events are pretty straightforward. They must run or swim faster, jump higher or further, in accordance with the well-known Olympic motto Citius, Altius, Fortius.

But for one event, namely the Decathlon (Heptathlon for women), things are not so straightforward.

This worksheet shows how you can calculate athletic performance and if you want to, to compare with the best athletes in the world!.

Have fun.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Thomas!

It is one case for a pie diagram:

LondOlimp.png

I can send you the Mathcad Prime sheet. I can not attach it here. Dan, it is not good!

Great idea!
We can make (Olympic) medals for the winners in the decathlon in the form of a pie diagram with the percentage contribution to the victory of the individual disciplines: 100 m, long jump etc.

Medal.png

Valery,

I like how you got the pie charts into Mathcad!.

The Excel component has many uses...this is another.

You may want to take your suggestion to the IOC

Top Tags