cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Defining the layers

YA_10963798
12-Amethyst

Defining the layers

Last time we wrote this function to classify soil layers. I need to show that in the plot can that be possible in mathcad ?. I need to connect the table with the plot . so it draws horizontal marker whenever the layer changes. or change colors ..any kind of change to make it possible for the reader to understand it changes layer type

Like (y ) will be both z and ztop to draw the plot . 

z is the depth 

ztop the thickness of the layers

YA_10963798_0-1727438206326.png

YA_10963798_1-1727438563293.png

34 REPLIES 34

Hi Werner and Stuart, 

I was wondering if it is possible to get the average value of Qcza in each layer....actually what makes it hard is that each layer(Ar) has many qcza and each qcza has many values in the same layer.

YA_10963798_0-1728810288802.png

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:YA_10963798)

Something like this?

Werner_E_1-1728818163294.png

Prime 9 sheet attached

BTW, 7B.xlsx seems not to be used in the sheet!?

Yes thank you.

This is the average of all qcz in each layer, right?

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:YA_10963798)

@YA_10963798 wrote:

Yes thank you.

This is the average of all qcz in each layer, right?

Yes.

If I made no mistake, the program loops through all vectors in z, determines the layer number and sums up the corresponding values in the corresponding qca vector.

On optical inspection in the plot the averages look a little bit to low but this may be 'cause the lower values of the qca plots are more one over each other and so create the impression that there aren't that many.

To be on the safe side you may 'manually' (of course with the help of prime) check the one or the other layer.

BTW, the thread seems to be  quite long already, so it may be a good idea to open  a new one for different follow up questions.

That's brilliant. Thank you so much

Announcements

Top Tags