cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Echo an equation

Snowshoe_Bob
7-Bedrock

Echo an equation

This should be simple.  I have an issue where I define an equation and get a useful result.  But further down in the mathcad sheet I just need to echo the equation that defines the variable to the user so he can make other determinations from the equation.  How do I do that?  See attached.

I need the means to do this in Mathcad 15 and in Prime 8.0.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Snowshoe_Bob)

In (real) Mathcad, like this:

LucMeekes_0-1692979207130.png

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ttokoro
20-Turquoise

From help page of explicit.

5.To perform the above numeric calculation without using explicit, use the clear.sym function to clear the symbolic values of all variables:

6.Use explicit to display formulas in terms of variables, without substituting values for the variables defined elsewhere in the worksheet:

I see how this may be used.  I don't see the mechanics of how to implement it Mathcad 15.  See below example in Prime 2.0 in attachment

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Mathcad 15:

Werner_E_0-1692967727188.png

In MC15 you can hide the keywords and make the arrow look like a normal equal sign

Werner_E_1-1692968473280.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

In (real) Mathcad you cannot have the symbolic keywords above the arrow, that is a feature introduced in Prime.

Success!
Luc

Do you mean like this?

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1692967827997.png

• Copy the equation, paste below..
  • delete the trailing evaluation " ="
  • REPLACE the defining " := " with the boolean comparison equal " "

Works in any Mathcad.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

In (real) Mathcad, like this:

LucMeekes_0-1692979207130.png

Success!
Luc

No success yet.  See attached.  Maybe there is a default in Mathcad 15 that needs to be set?

Hope this helps:

Werner_E_0-1693241806448.png

MC15 file attached

You are amazing!  I had given up on this.  I had figured out some work arounds but the workarounds required that I change the company template.  That wasn't palatable for the rest of the people in my group.

Thank you!

Top Tags