cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Error 'path' not found on open *.xmcd

Not applicable

Error 'path' not found on open *.xmcd

When I click to open a *.xmcd file, MC does not open. Instead I get one or more error messages. There are two related behaviors depending on whether the path has spaces in it or not. For a path with spaces: Two errors. One says "Windows cannot find '<path>'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start Button, and then click Search." The other message from Mathcad says "<truncated path> was not found". I already tried open with and selected the MC executable, checking to always open with that file. The result was the same except that there was no windows error, only the Mathcad error with the truncated path. The file opens OK if I first start MC, then open from within MC. For a path without spaces: I get the windows error message, but MC does start and the file does open. Thanks for any comments and help. Dave
2 REPLIES 2
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:)

Try repairing the installation of Mathcad. That may fix the Windows file associations. Richard

Thanks for the reply. I had checked the file associations already, but did the install/repair anyway. It worked. The problem is now gone. Thanks, Dave
Top Tags