cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Export formulas to the Word

FabulouS
3-Visitor

Export formulas to the Word

I want to make a dynamic report using Word and MatCAD (15 M045).
However, I ran into some problems:

1. Formulas typed and formatted in MathCAD lose their style (underline, italics, etc.) with a special insert in Word. Is it possible to somehow fix this?

2. Noncritical problem: the Russian-language text from Matkad is inserted into the Word with hieroglyphs (solved this problem through the GOST font, it does not give distortions). Is this an encoding problem?

I apologize for the errors, wrote through Google translator.

Дублирование на родном языке:

Spoiler

Я хочу сделать динамический отчет с помощью Ворд и МаткАД (15 М045).
Однако, я столкнулся с некоторыми проблемами:

1. Формулы, набранные и отформатированные в MathCADе теряют свой стиль (подчеркивание, курсив и т.п.) при специальной вставки в Ворде. Возможно ли как-то исправить это?

2. Некритичная проблема: русскоязычный текст из Маткада вставляется в Ворд иероглифами (решил эту проблему через шрифт ГОСТ, он не дает искажений). Это проблема кодировки?

5 REPLIES 5

I use pictures!

Where is the dynamism? Can I see examples?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:FabulouS)

Select and copy (Ctrl-C) one or more regions on the Mathcad sheet and paste them using Paste -> Special: Picture (Windows Metafile) ino the MsWord document generally gives the best results.

You could (normally) paste the selected stuff, but chances are it is embedded as an OLE item (this is the same as Paste ->Special: Mathcad Document Object). In this case the complete mathcad sheet is embedded, and the part you initially selected is actually shown on the MsWord page. This should allow you to double-click the item in MsWord. The result of that action should be that your MsWord interface (menu/ribbon) changes to the Mathcad menu and you can then 'do Mathcad' with it. But pasting separate parts of your mathcad sheet into the same MsWord document does NOT result in them 'knowing' each other. So what you change in one item, is disjunct of of another pasted item. You will find out that you've pasted individual copies of the same worksheet into the MsWord document. Apart from that, working with the items can be cumbersome.

For that reason: live mathcad sheets in MsWord usually will not work as expected, you better forget about that. Take the first option: paste pictures.

Success!
Luc

Do not quite understand.

I have one Mathcad document and one Word document. I tried to insert different regions with formulas and graphs from MathCad to Word, changed the contents of the document MathCAD 15, in Word I saw the changes.

If you insert as a picture, then the quality of graphics drops significantly.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:FabulouS)

Then you have what you want...?

I'm working with Mathcad 11. There may be differences due to that, and possibly with different versions of MsWord as well.

Success!

Luc

Top Tags