cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Extracting data from Excel Table

PavanShetty_077
4-Participant

Extracting data from Excel Table

Hello All,

I'm trying to convert excel sheet formula into Mathcad. 

Example, I want to extract P/N No. from the excel table.

Stud dia and Load is the input variables.

• Nominal Size is the stud dia.
  • Once stud dia is entered remaining rows with different nominal size is ruled out.
  • Then compare input load value against excel sheet min and max load.

Load value should be more than the Min load value and near to maximum load in case of multiple variables.

If load value is not available in the Column 2 and 3 then same steps will be carried for parallel min and max load (column 4 & 5).

• Same concept was followed in excel sheet calculation. Now I need help in making calculation in Mathcad file.  

Can you please help me on this problem.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

Have changed the excel file to a later version necessary to read the data from the Excel file rather than use the Excel component.

Each stud diameter seems to have a L, M, and H versions.  I would expect the load capable of being carried increases from L to M to H.

The data in the Excel file seems to be inconsistent with this so needs to be checked.

Sorted the data on the max load per stud column to get them in increasing order.

I assume max load varies depending on how many studs in a group. In the excel column for parallel max load is twice stud load?  Should this actually vary with number of studs?

Enclosed is sheet that chooses studs based on load to show you how to do it.

Cheers

Terry

Hello Terry,

Excel data values are 3rd party value and there is some inconsistency in the actual file as well.

Can you please send Mathcad file in the 7.00 or earlier version?

Thanks,

Pavan 

Hi Paven,

Cannot promise but will see if I can.

Cheers

Terry

Thank you Terry.

Hi Paven,

Prime cannot be saved back to an earlier version.  Have tried a trick that sometimes works but has not done so in this instance. Cannot give you a version 7 file.

It does not take long to type the values in:

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Terry

Announcements

Top Tags