cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Faint division line

TikkaMasala
11-Garnet

Faint division line

Hi

I'm converting Mathcad 15 sheets to Prime 7 and I noted that

some division lines are very faint (but not all). Picture as attached.

Is these some way to get a clear black division line to all formulas?

Thanks for advice!

13 REPLIES 13

Can you upload Matchad 15 worksheet here?

As attached is a part of the computation (same as was in the previous picture). I don't know it if has any effect to the visualization of the division line, but the formula is inside a collapsible area.

It works fine for me in Mathcad Prime 3.1 version. Can you test attached worksheet?

Pic-1.png

I opened the attached mathcad file, and the division line is grey, not black.

What sheet scale do you have?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:VladimirN)

I've just typed the following straight into Mathcad Express 7.

2021 11 25 B.png

Stuart

As written in my previous answer the display problem seems to result from the combination of Prime zoom, windows scale factor and screen resolution.

When I open your file in Prime 6 I cannot reproduce the gray division line seen in your screen shot, no matter which Prime zoom factor I use.

Here a few screenshots with different Prime zoom factors:

Werner_E_0-1637845555718.png

Werner_E_1-1637845565739.png

Werner_E_2-1637845575662.png

Display problems in Prime were reported here quite some time, mainly concerning division lines.

Usually the cause is that Prime isn't scaling correctly and the effect is differently depending on the zoom factor you set in Prime, the screen resolution and the Windows scale. So chances are that when you upload your Prime sheet, others don't experience any problems.

The suggested solution used to be to try slightly different zoom factors in Prime.

In your case its possible that a workaround might also consist in using variable names without an underline character in the subscript - just give it a try.

Do you have the same issue in Prime 6?

@VladimirN wrote:

Do you have the same issue in Prime 6?

No, and I also cannot reproduce the issue with the P7 file Stuart had posted. It may have to do with the fact the I am using a 4K display with a quite large windows scale - not sure, though.

Its not a problem with the Prime file itself but rather the program not scaling or rendering correctly in some cases of combination of zoom setting, scale factor and resolution.
I can't be sure about but I don't think thats it a newly introduced bug which only affects Prime 7. Would be interesting if someone using an older Prime version can confirm that bug, too. So far (in this thread) the bug showed up for two people using P7.

I have this issue in Prime 4.0 and 6.0 versions with 115% zoom scale.

Pic-2.png

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Werner_E)

@Werner_E wrote:

Display problems in Prime were reported here quite some time, mainly concerning division lines.

Usually the cause is that Prime isn't scaling correctly and the effect is differently depending on the zoom factor you set in Prime, the screen resolution and the Windows scale. So chances are that when you upload your Prime sheet, others don't experience any problems.

The suggested solution used to be to try slightly different zoom factors in Prime.  Which version of Prime do you use?

Good call, Werner.

I normally use a laptop with a 1366x768 40 Hz screen.  I know, I know, that's why I use Mathcad at 80 % zoom, so I can actually see a little bit of a worksheet.   I'm hoping Santa Claus might decide I've been sufficiently good to get me a new (for values of "new") laptop with at least FHD or a replacement screen (sadly, my Dell Latitude only seems to go up to 1600x900 (HD+))

However, I digress.   When I change the zoom to 100 %, I get noticeably black division lines for the 2nd equation, albeit the 1st one still looks a little faint.

2021 11 25 C.png

Shifting the equations down a few lines changes the line display yet again.   Now the 1st equation divide line is darker.

2021 11 25 D.png

Stuart

And if I vary the zoom, the lines change in appearance (or even disappear) up until Zoom = 180 %.

Here's 110 % ...

2021 11 25 E.png

Stuart

Top Tags