cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Find command

ptc-3682623
12-Amethyst

Find command

How can I solve sample in attachment with i paraments?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you defining function for the epsilons on purpose or are they supposed to be simple variables (vectors)?

My guess is that you don't want functions but just vectors of values.

See the attached file which also changes back the functions

we defined for sigma.xx etc. back to vectors.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-3682623)

I suppose it's about this part:

LucMeekes_0-1635675299300.png

Which appears to be a good solve block. Now the variable that you want to Find, is not in the expression between Given and Find, as there are only k and sigma variables in the expression, lambda isn't there. So mathcad will not know how to find it. I can see, above the solve block, that the k and sigma variables may depend upon the lambda that you want to find, but Mathcad doesn't know, or better said, has forgotten that.

To remedy this situation, you can change these k and sigma variables into functions of one (at least the lambda parameter you intend to find) or more parameters.

Success!

Luc

I don't know what you wrote. Would you create sample?

See if the attached file helps.

I turned the sigma.. into functions of lambda and index i and the solve block into a function of the index i.

No solution is found for index i=1.

It's it. How can i calculate next in attachment?

Are you defining function for the epsilons on purpose or are they supposed to be simple variables (vectors)?

My guess is that you don't want functions but just vectors of values.

See the attached file which also changes back the functions

we defined for sigma.xx etc. back to vectors.

Thanks all for help. That is it what i wanted to do but I have last one problem, I need connecting epsilonp with epsilon. Look in attachment.

From what I understand you already did it! Simply assign the "if-expression" to a variable.

If thats not what you want to achieve, you'll have to explain further what you mean by "connecting" the two epsilons.

Werner_E_0-1635852237133.png

Thanks but how can I solve problem in attachment?

@ptc-3682623 wrote:

Thanks but how can I solve problem in attachment?

Which problem?

Do you mean this:

Werner_E_0-1636029862138.png?

Your solve block 

Werner_E_1-1636029911701.png

can't yield a solution because of

Werner_E_2-1636029944881.png

So whichever result you expect for

Werner_E_3-1636029977208.png

you may put it manually in the vector you create.

You can also use the "on error" statement to define a specific value in case the solve block fails. IN the example below I had chose NaN (Not-A-Number) but you sure can replace it by 0 or any other value if you feel thats more appropriate.

Werner_E_4-1636030264708.png

Top Tags