cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Find text in a collapsed area

anthonyQueen
8-Gravel

Find text in a collapsed area

I am dealing with MC11 (but I saw also M15).

1) Is there a way to find math text or just text in a collapsed area? In my testing just expanded areas are searched.

In alternative (but I read another answer that suggests there are no tricks) 

2) Is there a way to Expand/Collapse all areas at once, so to avoid the repeated action n-times, with n in my case being over 15?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:anthonyQueen)

It's not possible in Mathcad 11, I think it's not possible in Mathcad 15.

To collapse and expand an area you press right-mouse-button on an (one !) area and select the action (collapse or expand). You can also double-click a boundary to collapse/expand.

You can select all areas easily by going to the far right of your sheet, where you don't expect any math regions to exist, and select all areas by drag-selecting a vertical line from top to bottom of your sheet.

If you then press right-mouse button on one of the areas, you can set properties (you can even give 'em all the same name!), but you cannot not collapse or expand them all in one action.

But even if you have 15 areas, using the double-click, and working from bottom to top on the far right of your worksheet will allow you to expand all areas in the quickest way. Work from top to bottom when collapsing.

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:anthonyQueen)

1)

Find will only find text and/or expressions in not-collapsed areas in Mathcad 11. Likewise, if you trace a mathcad expression error to an expression that is inside a collapsed area, it will not open the area for you. I guess that's to keep nosy people from poking around.

2)

It's not possible in Mathcad 11, I think it's not possible in Mathcad 15.

To collapse and expand an area you press right-mouse-button on an (one !) area and select the action (collapse or expand). You can also double-click a boundary to collapse/expand.

You can select all areas easily by going to the far right of your sheet, where you don't expect any math regions to exist, and select all areas by drag-selecting a vertical line from top to bottom of your sheet.

If you then press right-mouse button on one of the areas, you can set properties (you can even give 'em all the same name!), but you cannot not collapse or expand them all in one action.

But even if you have 15 areas, using the double-click, and working from bottom to top on the far right of your worksheet will allow you to expand all areas in the quickest way. Work from top to bottom when collapsing.

Success!
Luc

Thanks Luc,

Very detailed description. I was aware of the manual method (and even the menu method: Format/Area/Expand:Collapse). I was just hoping that, once selected just all the areas (or same of them), there was a command to make them Expand/Collapse in one go. Unfortunately there is not, you're telling me!

Top Tags