cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Flight of the rocket "union".

еаристов
1-Newbie

Flight of the rocket "union".

Hello everybody. I encountered a problem when trying to plot the dependence of the flight speed of the "union" rocket on time. The program may not be perfect, but so far the main problem that I see is the scalar "h" that appears when using the function. I hope for your help in this matter. Thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You sure must study the manual, help files, quicksheets, etc. more thoroughly (have you ever done?)

The errors you make a quite endless!

.) you mix up t and T

.) you invent new programming commands like else and end

.) its absolutely unclear what you intend with your two program blocks which you combine with an boolean =. I made a guess

.) you mostly have no units assigned, but you use the built in constang g, which of course is not just a number but has dimension acceleration and has the appropriate units. You can't mix up unit and unitless values

.) same unit problem at your initial conditions - suddenly you use seconds and kph - this can't work. Stay unitless when using odesolve in MC15

.) The syntax for odesolve is absolutely wrong - probably you have seen a sheet written in Prime. You have to stay with the Mathcad 15 instruction and help sheets as the syntax has changed a bit in Prime

Here is a working sheet - not sure if the function was meant that way

But of course you don't need odesolve for your problem. You can derive your functions by simple integrations:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You would likely get people to answer your question if you posted it in the Mathcad forums. This is the Creo modeling forum.

Moving the discussion to Mathcad.

Best,

Toby

В Mathcad 15 иной синтаксис оператора If - use if and otherwise!

Hi Егор Аристов,

Compliments! You invented a new logic, who knows how it works, the "else" is very beautiful, unfortunately it does not exist in mathcad.

However, it would be better to describe the equation differently.

You sure must study the manual, help files, quicksheets, etc. more thoroughly (have you ever done?)

The errors you make a quite endless!

.) you mix up t and T

.) you invent new programming commands like else and end

.) its absolutely unclear what you intend with your two program blocks which you combine with an boolean =. I made a guess

.) you mostly have no units assigned, but you use the built in constang g, which of course is not just a number but has dimension acceleration and has the appropriate units. You can't mix up unit and unitless values

.) same unit problem at your initial conditions - suddenly you use seconds and kph - this can't work. Stay unitless when using odesolve in MC15

.) The syntax for odesolve is absolutely wrong - probably you have seen a sheet written in Prime. You have to stay with the Mathcad 15 instruction and help sheets as the syntax has changed a bit in Prime

Here is a working sheet - not sure if the function was meant that way

But of course you don't need odesolve for your problem. You can derive your functions by simple integrations:

Top Tags