cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Harmonic oscillator quantum physics using transfer matrix

Sally_Smith
2-Guest

Harmonic oscillator quantum physics using transfer matrix

Hello! I'm new to Mathcad (using it this semester in my university, and we are using the Mathcad 15 version, not prime), and i have a problem. I tried to do quantum harmonic oscillator using transfer matrix, as this is the subject right now. The teacher gave us an exemple problem, i tried to re-do it, and i got an error saying "This value must be integer" (it's error from the RR[j] = T(E[j]) line, and the start of the problem is K(i,E) as it seems it doesn't really recognise Vk). My teacher doesn't know exactly what's the problem, so i tried to get help here because it seems the best place.
Does anyone know how can i solve it? Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:Sally_Smith)

What do you think that V[k is? V is a vector, but k is a range (which is an implicit loop).

What do you intend for example K(47, 11) to return as result?

Furthermore your function "K" does not use its argument "i" - which means that the 47 in my example above are irrelevant and your function "r" would always return the constant 1.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:Sally_Smith)

What do you think that V[k is? V is a vector, but k is a range (which is an implicit loop).

What do you intend for example K(47, 11) to return as result?

Furthermore your function "K" does not use its argument "i" - which means that the 47 in my example above are irrelevant and your function "r" would always return the constant 1.

Announcements

Top Tags