cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Hello

pjoignant
2-Guest

Hello

Hello

Do you know how to do a carriage return in a too long formula.

In mathcad 15 we had CTRL+Enter.

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13
vlehner
13-Aquamarine
(To:pjoignant)

Hi Philippe,

Which MathCad Version do you use?

This feature will be available in MathCad 4.0 (Equation wrapping).

But MathCad 4.0 is still not available! 😕

regards

Volker

Volker

Hi Volker

I use Mathcad Prime 3.1 and before it works well in Mathcad 15.

Thanks

Prime is slowly gaining the functionality that was already in Mathcad 15.  The equation break is one of the features that will reappear in Prime 4.0.

Speaking of which, where is 4.0?  It's 2 months past their published timeline (which was itself 6 months past the original promise date).  PTC should recognize that if they want their software to be an enterprise-level tool they need to keep the users informed and hit their dates.  Some users are actually trying to make plans on how to purchase and implement software and need reliable dates.  All I see are twitters on the 3 new functions 4.0 will offer (line breaks, OLE and area locking).  Nothing on when they actually plan to release it. 

2 years to add line breaks....

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:DJF)

Speaking of which, where is 4.0?

I know (or at least, am 99% certain) that the beta has not even been released yet. So don't hold your breath.

A customer reported here -> Re: What Happened to my Negative sign that P4 would be available at the end of this month!?? A myth?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

They usually have a beta release before the full release, and I have known about every beta release since the days of Mathsoft. I do not know of a beta release for Prime 4.0.

Maybe there will be no beta release, or maybe I just don't know about it. Or maybe Prime 4.0 will not be released by the end of the month (or even next month).

Draw your own conclusions.

Fortunately I don't care about Prime and from what I read so far we can expect P4 to be significantly faster (I think it was you who confirmed that in a thread a while ago) but otherwise not significantly more useful than P31.

I would be more interested in the next release of MC15 and would like to know, if at least the bugs which were introduced while PTC maintained the Program are addressed.

In foreign version pressing the help button F1 always opens two help windows and ever so often a mathcad.exe process remains in memeory after closing Mathcad and had to be deleted via task manager. An effect similar to the last release of MC14 and which was fixed with the first release of MC15.

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:RichardJ)

Looking like it might actually be this month. 

For the love of Mathcad Prime 4.02017-02-23_7-54-10.jpg

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:DJF)

Interesting sheet, when following the link you provide.

"Read through the Mathcad Prime 4.0 Brochure and Datasheet to plan your today!"

I usually plan my today using an agenda...

Luc

It seems that a some people left the Mathcad team.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:VladimirN)

I don't know how many people they had, but judging by the rate of development, not many. If more have left (voluntarily?) it must be a bare bones crew now!

Richard Jackson wrote:

I don't know how many people they had, but judging by the rate of development, not many...

Maybe it can help here a LinkedIn service.

Top Tags