cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Help Window on top?

ptc-4310378
1-Newbie

Help Window on top?

Is there an option to have the Mathcad 15 Help Window remaining on top while working on a sheet?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We can have side by side:

help.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

We can have side by side:

help.png

Thanks.

There are other useful things for me to learn from your screenshot:

1) It looks like you can insert "comments" in Mathcad programs. I had missed that. Useful.

2) The Data Analysis Pack is part of the Matchcad core program. I tought it was an add on that would have to be paid for. Could have used it a few times.

What is this Data Analysis toolbar you are showing?

I am glad to help you.

1) "comments" in Mathcad programs - see http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Sovet_MC/029/Tips_29_38_eng.htm#Tip_30

2) I think 4 pucks ar built-in tools in Mathcad 15 and Prime2.0:

Image.png

Great resource, thanks.

Another quick question:

-- Is there a function for the sum of the elements of a Matrix, like there is for Vector?

Couldn't find it.

There is a "mean" function that relies on this Sum, so you would think that this summation would be available. This is easy enough to calculate, but just wondering if it might already been prepacked somewhere within Mathcad.

Thanks.

Sum.png

Ohh.....this is the nice and systematic approach!

I just shook Mathcad to give back the SUM it burried in the "mean". Not pretty but got me what I needed without thinking too hard.

SUM(A) = mean(A) * cols(A) *rows(A)

Thanks

Laurent Muller wrote:

Is there an option to have the Mathcad 15 Help Window remaining on top while working on a sheet?

Thank you.

A Second method - to copy the help window as a picture (Alt+PrnSc) and paste it in Mathcad Sheet.

I have done it (see the picture below and the Mathcad sheet in attach) and... see an error in Mathcad (and Prime too) help:

gmean-err-help.png

Announcements

Top Tags