cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Help

Maz
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Help

Hiya.

I have a problem with genfit. Could someone help me please? If I'm trying to find values for three different parameters do I do the process three times for each seperately? and create a 1x3 matrix for each? or do I put them in a 3x3 matrix? and how am I supposed to define things when I don't know what to define them as? Is it me or is mathcad really hard

Could someone please be kind enough to have a look at my file and help me?

Thank you soooooooooo much

6 REPLIES 6
f.kohlhepp
1-Newbie
(To:Maz)

Without your datathis is really hard.Rather than send the file "book 1"can you paste it into a data table?

Maz
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:f.kohlhepp)

Hi

The file attached is the original data file.

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Try please genfit on Mathcad Server:

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/VPU_Book_New/mas/Genfit.htm

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

We seem to be going backwards here Maz.

Me and Richard provided valid ways to collate your data from Excel into Mathcad and you are now creating additional threads where the data is still in a seperate worksheet.

Mike

Hi Mike

I just wanted it to look simple in the top bit. I'm trying to get the genfit bit done and hadn't put it in the section with the first part.

I was going to stitch everything together after. sorry

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

genfit is a PITA to set up. In practice almost nobody that posts here uses it, because there are easier ways to do least squares fitting. If your lecturer requires it though, here's how to go about setting up the function vector.

Top Tags