cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Hide Variable in Prime

ptc-1299962
3-Visitor

Hide Variable in Prime

I would like to hide the variable name and only show the result of an equation.  I've seen several ways to do this in MathCAD 15, but we've switched over to Prime.  Is there a way to do this in prime?  

For my specific application I'd like to show the result of a previously evaluated equation in line with some text so that my wording incorporates the result of my math.  

6 REPLIES 6

It is about the implicit operatot?

About "explicit" and "clear.sym" function to clear the symbolic values of all variables: https://support.ptc.com/help/mathcad/r7.0/en/#page/PTC_Mathcad_Help%2Fexample_explicit_calculation.html%23

StuartBruff
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-1299962)

@ptc-1299962 wrote:

I would like to hide the variable name and only show the result of an equation.  I've seen several ways to do this in MathCAD 15, but we've switched over to Prime.  Is there a way to do this in prime?  

For my specific application I'd like to show the result of a previously evaluated equation in line with some text so that my wording incorporates the result of my math.  

Could you post an M15 example of what you'd like the output to look like?

Stuart

(I sometimes use the format function to do what you are requesting, but the display of strings makes it look "ugly" - which is often fine, but sometimes quite annoying to look at, as this Mathcad Express 7 worksheet attempts to show:

2021 10 08 A.png

97323a068a3897ae22734b4e6074bc0b

He don't want much, do he?

)

What I would like to do is, in Stuart's example, is omit the str(a,0)=  and only include the "my simple variable v has the value 9.99, which "is" nice".  That way you can include results naturally in a text field without the somewhat distracting variable name.  I think this was possible a couple of different ways in 15.  

StuartBruff
23-Emerald III
(To:StuartBruff)

@StuartBruff wrote:
(I sometimes use the format function to do what you are requesting, but the display of strings makes it look "ugly" - which is often fine, but sometimes quite annoying to look at, as this Mathcad Express 7 worksheet attempts to show:)

Forgot to add that the internal quotes are fairly easy to get rid of if you're willing to roll your own string replacement function

2021 10 08 B.png

Stuart

StuartBruff
23-Emerald III
(To:StuartBruff)

And another thing ... a positive for Mathcad Prime 7.

2021 10 08 C.png

I'm sure that the amount of mandraulic effort I have to put into formatting my way out of display horrors is the root cause of my current bout of Kardashev Type I Hyperbubonic Man Flu,  🤒👿

Stuart

Announcements

Top Tags