cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How can I make a special variable?

H.U.Lie
3-Visitor

How can I make a special variable?

Dear Friends,

How can I make a special variable

M*= ,

in MC Prime 3 ?

Thank you.

HL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The method demonstrated by Valery method sure is pretty complicated, but I am surprised that it still works at all on the detour via Prime 2.

It doesn't work on Prime 3 directly because Prime 3 supports math in text (which used to be ctrl-shift-a in Mathcad 15). Maybe the finished version of Prime will support text in math (ctrl-shift-k in MC15) as well.

maybe it’s the best way I have to stick longer with my MC15M020.

In my opinion thats a good idea anyway for various reasons.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I can do it in Prime 2 (create the var M, copy it in a text region, add *, copy M* in a math region) and than copy an operator M*:=123 into Prime 3.

Hello Valery Ochkov,

Thank you my friend; but my variables are not M only; and I did that before.

Actually, I hope the new/ Prime 3 cover this matter; but not!?

Therefore the process is very long or longer than MC15 and my worksheet is big and a lot special variables; maybe it’s the best way I have to stick longer with my MC15M020.

Once again thank you.

Regards,

HL

Find M and replace on M*

The method demonstrated by Valery method sure is pretty complicated, but I am surprised that it still works at all on the detour via Prime 2.

It doesn't work on Prime 3 directly because Prime 3 supports math in text (which used to be ctrl-shift-a in Mathcad 15). Maybe the finished version of Prime will support text in math (ctrl-shift-k in MC15) as well.

maybe it’s the best way I have to stick longer with my MC15M020.

In my opinion thats a good idea anyway for various reasons.

Hi Werner Exinger,

I think so.

Thank you.

Regards,

HL

Werner Exinger wrote:

In Prime 1-2-3:

kJ.png

Top Tags