cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

How do I force Mathcad Prime 3 to recalculate worksheet using command line or maybe some document property?

yrereq
1-Newbie

How do I force Mathcad Prime 3 to recalculate worksheet using command line or maybe some document property?

I've installed a DLL with custom functions and it appears undefined to worksheet until I recalculate.

For example, Mathcad was compaining what CustomFunctions variable is undefined even when I managed to install DLL properly, only when I did Ctrl+F5 CustomFunctions reflected the actual state of things. And if I close Mathcad and deinstall DLL, opening the same document will prentend it is still there (again, old infromation shown until recalculated)

Is there a way to have Mathcad to not cache previous data and recalculate whole document on open?

5 REPLIES 5
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:yrereq)

opening the same document will prentend it is still there (again, old infromation shown until recalculated)

Is there a way to have Mathcad to not cache previous data and recalculate whole document on open?

This begaviour was, as far as I know, implemented un purpose to reduce loading time. Without it Prime Express wouldn't be able to show worksheets containing "premium" features.

I guess there is no way to change it and implement an auto-recalc.

jroth
5-Regular Member

It is caching the worksheets and information is my guess. Disable the cache in the Input/Output tab.

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:jroth)

Jake Roth wrote:

It is caching the worksheets and information is my guess. Disable the cache in the Input/Output tab.

No, this options has nothing to do with the effect discussed here. It only affects included/referenced other worksheets.

yrereq
1-Newbie

Hello, gentlemen. Thank you for the input.

I finally figured out rather crude but working solution

@ECHO OFF
REM Uses InfoZip syntax
ZIP -d %1 mathcad\result.xml

this removes a part of specified OpenXML file (denoted by %1), effectively invalidating the whole document.

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

this removes a part of specified OpenXML file (denoted by %1), effectively invalidating the whole document.

Yes, but is doesn't force a recalculation of the worksheet on startup. Plots are blank and evaluations are shown as question mark. But at least you don't see any (wrong) old results that way.

Announcements

Top Tags