cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

What function is this?

ssouthworth
1-Newbie

What function is this?

I'm using MathCAD14 and I am working with a xmcd sheet I pulled from this site, Truss2D.xmcd. With in this sheet is a plot for the elements defined. The plot uses the functions Im(Sind), Im(Fg), & Im(Vg), see attached. I believe the Im is the imaginary function. However, Sind, Fg, & Vg are not defined any where else in the sheet and I'm unable to locate these in the help file. Can anyone provide some insight on these functions?

Plot.PNG

Scott

5 REPLIES 5

Re() and Im() are functions which give you the real / imaginary part of their arguments

Sind, Fg and Vg are not Mathcad functions but variables and they sure have to be defined in the sheet somewhere. Telling from the plot Sind for example seems to be a vector consisting of four imaginary scalars - the real parts of those are the absicissa and the imaginary part represent the ordinate value of the four points we see in the plot.

Simply click in an empty space in te sheet and type Sind= and click outside the region or press enter. You should see that vector.

Werner,

I have reviewed the Sind, Fg, and Vg functions. They are matrices with imagnary and real numbers corresponding to the input matrix I created. Sind, Fg, and Vg are not defined anywhere else in the sheet. Do you have any other thoughts? Have you reviewed the original sheet I worked from (Truss2D.xmcd)?

Scott

Found Sind, Fg, & Vg in a hidden region previously un opened.

Scott

Have you reviewed the original sheet I worked from (Truss2D.xmcd)?

Sure not. You neither provided a link nor did you attach the file, so how should we know which file you are referring to if you just provide a file name?

But as your other post shows you already have found what you had searched.

Werner Exinger wrote:

Have you reviewed the original sheet I worked from (Truss2D.xmcd)?

Sure not. You neither provided a link nor did you attach the file, so how should we know which file you are referring to if you just provide a file name?

But as your other post shows you already have found what you had searched.

Worksheet available here: http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-1653

Top Tags