cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

How do I go about restating a variable equation?

XN_10549151
4-Participant

How do I go about restating a variable equation?

I'm tired of looking back at my work and seeing what did I set my variables equal to. I'm working on bending moment equations for the same beam at different load combinations. For load combo 2 I'd like to calculate the moment at the same spot as I did for load combo 1.. So x_lc2 ;= x_lc1 but I want to see the formula for x_lc1  like this x_lc2:=x_lc1=l/2. I'd like to see something similar to how excel would let you 'step in' to a formula. I know it feels kind of redundant but I just need that visual verification for everything I have to use this sheet for another project. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:XN_10549151)

4 REPLIES 4

Please upload your Mathcad worksheet here.

XN_10549151
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

I don't have a clean sheet to post. To clarify I just restate the formula when I set it equal to a new variable. (see example below)

y:= 2

x:=y/2=1

|

|

|

|

|

|

V   (one eternity of pages later.......)

x2:=x=y/2

The bold is what I want to see in addition to just saying x2:=x. It's just so that I can quickly verify that x2 is based on the same formula as x without having to go search for x.   

Hi,

Here is one way to check. true is 1, false is 0 in Prime

Capture.JPG

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:XN_10549151)

image.png

Announcements

Top Tags