cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How do you say "I love you" on Valentine's Day?

abelniak
1-Newbie

How do you say "I love you" on Valentine's Day?

il_fullxfull.303686824.jpg

Express yourself mathematically to your love this week for Valentine’s Day! Sure, you could say “I heart you” (or, I < 3 u) – but we know you can do better than that! C’mon – you’re all PTC Mathcad power users!

Reply to this thread with a screenshot of your creation (feel free to post the original PTC Mathcad file, too, but a screenshot is the minimum for a valid entry, so that all members across the PTC Community can see).* For even broader visibility, be sure to tag your submission with Valentines_math

We can’t wait to see your creative designs! Each entry will automatically be entered into a random drawing for a “PTC Fan Pack” (PTC backpack, t-shirt, water bottle, notebook, pen and few other goodies)

* Designs need to be submitted by February 14th 5:00 PM EST to be entered in the drawing. If you have specific questions about the design, comment on this thread or send me a message.

Thanks everyone!

Special thanks and credit to PTC Community member and hero Roger Mansfield for the original inspiration (see it here: http://communities.ptc.com/message/158606)

image source for this post: http://www.etsy.com/listing/90713628/math-nerd-valentines-day-card-say-i

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

8 REPLIES 8
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:abelniak)

collab+-+13+02+10+valentine+01.jpg

(the numerical meaning of 'love' should occur to anyone familiar with the game of tennis and with the 'union' symbol carrying an extra level of meaning in English)

My name is Valery - Валерий in Russian/

The name of my wife is Love - Любовь (Lubov) in Russian.

What is it Валерий in Mathcad?

love.png

An unhappy love

ulove.png

PTC_Mathcad_valentine_submissions.png

Thanks to those that submitted. There are some creative PTC Mathcad-ers among you all! The winner for the 2013 Valentine's Day "Express Your Love" contest is Valery Ochkov!

Congratulations, Valery!

Valery, I'll be in touch privately to arrange your prize.

And stay tuned for our next contest, coming up just before Saint Patrick's Day (March 17)!

-Alan

Thanks!

Full in Mathcad:

ILY-Mathcad.png

Congratulations, Valery!

-Alan

Thanks again!

I have tested Mathcad 15 and Prime on Samsung Tablet with Win 8 (see here) and would like to do it with Surface Pro one.

What is about Surface Pro Tablet with Win 8 as the prize for me I can send a part of money for it if PTC is a pure company .

I cannot buy it in Russia yet

Valery is zero (see above) without Surface Pro!

Alan S Belniak wrote:

And stay tuned for our next contest, coming up just before Saint Patrick's Day (March 17)!

-Alan

No, no.

We have before Saint Patrick's Day International Women's Day (March 😎 - This is a great holiday (day off) in Russia!

Alan S Belniak wrote:

The winner for the 2013 Valentine's Day "Express Your Love" contest is Valery Ochkov!

Congratulations, Valery!

-Alan

Thanks, Alan. Today I have got 9 PTC-gifts: a backpack, a computer mouse, a pen, a bottle (with vodka ), a car staple, a red plate for throwing (for my dog!), a T-shirt, a notebook (but not MS Surface Pro ) and a ball with a light bulb!

I am very . Thanks again!

bag.png

others.png

Top Tags