cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to pull-out coefficient from matrix simbolically

ifomenko
15-Moonstone

How to pull-out coefficient from matrix simbolically

Hi all

Is`it possible to pull-out some coefficient or expression from matrix to show it in more compact (readable) form?

Here I want to change representation of matrix only.

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ifomenko)

Are you referring to something like this:

Else, provide an example of what you're looking for.

Success!

Luc

ifomenko
15-Moonstone
(To:LucMeekes)

I mean the following

Factoring-out.png

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I don't think there's any way to do what you want. You can factor the matrix, but even in cases where that changes how one or more elements are displayed Mathcad does not pull the common factor(s) outside the matrix:

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Igor Fomenko wrote:

Hi all

Is`it possible to pull-out some coefficient or expression from matrix to show it in more compact (readable) form?

Here I want to change representation of matrix only.

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure whether you want to automate the process or just manually adjust it.  If the latter, then you put the common factor in the units placeholder ...

Stuart

ifomenko
15-Moonstone
(To:StuartBruff)

Symbolic result doesn`t have unit placeholder in MathCAD 15.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Correct.

The symbolic processor isn't aware of/doesn't handle units, it treats them as (unknown, if applicable) variables.

So with symbolic evaluation Stuart's method doesn't help you. Numerically it does.

Luc

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:LucMeekes)

LucMeekes wrote:

Correct.

The symbolic processor isn't aware of/doesn't handle units, it treats them as (unknown, if applicable) variables.

So with symbolic evaluation Stuart's method doesn't help you. Numerically it does.

Luc

It depends upon the actual requirements and how general the solution needs to be.   If it's just a question of display, then it might, under given circumstances, be adequate, given then connection between the symbolic and numeric processors.

Stuart

Top Tags