cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Include Worksheet Sharepoint

SM_10151138
3-Visitor

Include Worksheet Sharepoint

I am having issues with the Include Worksheet command in Mathcad Prime 7.  I have a template with all of our standard materials propeties which I want to point to for our range of standard calculations.  I am finding that it looses the link because of how sharepoint downloads the files to you machine, it creates a personal folder on your C drive.

Is there a way to keep the link live rather than it using the cache data no matter what machine its downloaded to?

4 REPLIES 4
JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:SM_10151138)

The only way I have found to do this for our organization is on a standard network shared drive or from an actual IIS (web) server (with a custom web.config file that tells IIS how to recognize Mathcad .mcdx files).

SharePoint does not know what a Mathcad file is, how to open it, or how to access it.  I have not found a way (in many, many years) to tell SharePoint what a Mathcad file is or how to open it.  If you paste the address to your file in the SP Doc Library in the Include component, you get a server address with an "@SSL" string buried in it.  I suspect that Mathcad doesn't know how to deal with that.

Hope this helps.  If anyone figures out how to store and access reference Include files in a SharePoint library, I'd love to know how.

Jeff

I have used the sync folder option in sharepoint so I am accessing it in the file explorer, so its like i am working on a local server.  My issues comes when you use the include worksheet command, the file path that comes in, the string has my name against it.  When someone then opens that file the include worksheet command has an error because they have their own folder file path.

Upload the Excel spreadsheet to SharePoint Online document library first. Open the Excel file in the Web browser (Excel Online) >> Click on File >> Share >> Embed. In the Embed window, choose the content from the Excel spreadsheet you want to show, such as a Table, Range of Cells, or full workbook.

Thanks for sharing this.

Top Tags