cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Installing MathCad 14 on Windows 11

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite

Installing MathCad 14 on Windows 11

Has anyone managed to install MathCad 14 on Windows 11? I thought I had done it, but various things are not working. For example (this is from my from my Windows 10 installation)

JohnRudnicki_0-1709055732466.pngOn the Windows 11 installation i =  produces nothing; i.e. no table. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JohnRudnicki)

Do you have the software system prerequisites installed on your Windows 11 PC, especially:

- Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 or later.

- MSXML 4.0 SP2 or later.

- Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.6 or later.

Considering that these requirements were formulated some 17 years ago, when software makers used to count on backwards compatibility, it might be wise to try and install the named versions, or else slightly newer versions, on your PC, if possible.

I seem to remember that newer versions of .Net do not always cover all functionality of an older version. And for MSXML the 'or later' could just refer to the SP2 (service pack 2), while version 4.0 is required...

(Note that Mathcad 15 required: "MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK (this exact version of MSXML is required)".)

Success!

Luc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Do you have the software system prerequisites installed on your Windows 11 PC, especially:

- Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 or later.

- MSXML 4.0 SP2 or later.

- Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.6 or later.

Considering that these requirements were formulated some 17 years ago, when software makers used to count on backwards compatibility, it might be wise to try and install the named versions, or else slightly newer versions, on your PC, if possible.

I seem to remember that newer versions of .Net do not always cover all functionality of an older version. And for MSXML the 'or later' could just refer to the SP2 (service pack 2), while version 4.0 is required...

(Note that Mathcad 15 required: "MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK (this exact version of MSXML is required)".)

Success!

Luc

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite
(To:LucMeekes)

Luc: Thanks for the suggestions, but the IT group here managed to solve the problem (after many tries and it was far beyond my capabilities). For others who may face this problem, here is what they did:

We uninstall and reinstall the program. While doing that we went into the registry editor

Looked up the program HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Mathlab and deleted any programs that we couldn't delete by uninstall. Next we downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package 1 To make it compatible with Windows 11 and ran the installation. Installation was successful

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347 for Microsoft Visuall C ++ 2005

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Makes me wonder why this package is not on the list of software requirements....

Anyway, have fun!

Luc

Top Tags