cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Interpolation on two axis in Mathcad 15

corne_mo
2-Guest

Interpolation on two axis in Mathcad 15

Dear all,

I have a (example) table like this:

|  1  |   2  |  3  |  4

--------------------------

5  |  11| 12 | 13 | 14

6  |  21| 22 | 23 | 24

Where the top row is A (values 1 to 4), the left column (values 5 and 6) is B and the field values (11 to 24) are Y.

Now I want to find the value Y belonging to A=2,5 and B=5,5 using linear interpolation.

Currently I have split the table into multiple small tables, one for each column, and then first create a new table for A=2,5 and then interpolate in that table to find the result for B=5,5.

This however takes a lot if programming to create the table for A=2,5 (as we have to first indicate which two tables to use based on the value of A).

Is there a direct way of doing this?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

4 REPLIES 4

The attached file should help.

Thanks for your reply.

Imo my method is easier than yours. 🙂

Conclusion will be I guess there is no direct way of doing this.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:corne_mo)

Please attach your worksheet then.

{You may have to ZIP it first, there's a bug on this forum that often causes a failure to attach a worksheet.

To zip, in Windows explorer select the worksheet file, then with the right-mous button select 'Send to'=> 'compressed (zipped) folder' the resulting .zip file can be attached.}

Luc

@corne_mo wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Imo my method is easier than yours. 🙂

Thats quite possible but you haven't shown your method yet.

Mine is a (couple of) utility routine(s) -> write once, use many 😉

You may simply copy the collapsed area in a worksheet (or reference a worksheet with this and other utility routines) and use it as any built-in command.

Conclusion will be I guess there is no direct way of doing this.

There is a "direct" way using built-in commands, but it will only work with a square data matrix.

Top Tags