cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Is it possible to have the plus, minus function in the next MathCAD Prime?

ptc-4907217
1-Newbie

Is it possible to have the plus, minus function in the next MathCAD Prime?

I am asking a serious question here. Could PTC make the plus/minus operation possible? That way, there is no need to repeat the same operation, and possibly forget about the plus/minus sign?

This is especially true in terms of applications in GD&T.

I doubt it is hard to program, so why is PTC not making this operation possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will somethin similar to the attached help?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

It is this operator?

In Mathcad 15:

p-m.png

Yes, that is what I am talking about. I am pressuring PTC to add this operator to the next version of Mathcad Prime.

See please the point 5 here http://communities.ptc.com/polls/1134

Will somethin similar to the attached help?

jroth
4-Participant
(To:nas0k)

How did you put in the +/- sign into Mathcad Prime?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:jroth)

I guess the worksheet was converted from an MC15 or older one /because of the inverse /+- definition.

You may use any/most characters which you can import via copy and paste. Start "charmap" (via run command), copy any character in the clipboard. Then in Prime press Ctrl-Shift-M to create a math region, then Ctrl-C to insert the chosen character and then continue with your function definition.

It looks like there is a limitiation as only one "special" character seems to be allowed in a variable or function name.

Unfortunately we don't have the option to show the function call in prefix or infix notation as in Mathcad.

Top Tags