cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Is there a way to add conditional formatting?

aannaim
1-Newbie

Is there a way to add conditional formatting?

How can I add a conditional formating to mathcad sheet similar to what excel. Where the results of a results checks highlights in different colors depending on the results check (ie. if 1 > 0 highlight as green, and if 1 < 0 highlight as red)?

11 REPLIES 11
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:aannaim)

Export your results to an excell object and have that object displayed in your mathcad sheet may be a way.

I've never experimented with it in this way though.

What version of Mathcad do you need this for?

Luc

I'm working with MathCAD Prime 4.0

No, this is not exactly what I'm looking for, because this is just adding more steps and doesn't do what I need.  I want the formula in the red box to highlight and change colors based on the result of equation as "True, 1" or "False, 0"

Capture.PNG

What you are looking for could be done in Mathcad 15 (and below) using scripted components - Text boxes.

In Prime this feature is missing.

jeffreyianni
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

This is a much needed feature.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jeffreyianni)

I'm certain there are other features that are much more needed. And they do not get delivered either.

Luc

jeffreyianni
5-Regular Member
(To:LucMeekes)

As long as they have our subscription money, why should they do anything?

@jeffreyianni wrote:

This is a much needed feature.

There are a lot of features missing in Prime which we already had in Mathcad and a lot more which were on our wishlist for Mathcad for a very long time.

But I sure don't expect that PTC will surprise us with something looking like a worthwhile development and improvement.

jeffreyianni
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Here's a work-around (attached). The check has a red border if it has no return value.

Checks can be set up such that RED FLAGS are something that needs attention.

Unfortunately, red outlines are ALWAYS something that needs attention.

Nice thought!

mnet
3-Visitor
(To:aannaim)

The following works in Mathcad 15:

Untitled picture.png

Top Tags