cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Label inside a 2D plot

gfraulini
17-Peridot

Label inside a 2D plot

Hi all,
I use MC15 and my question is "how you can write a label/tag near a specific point on a graph".

Example: I have a function f(x) and I want to write something near the point f(x=26).

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can do it (in a rather unsatisfactory manner) by writing your label in a text box and then dragging this onto the graph, as has been done in the image below. You can't get Mathcad to label points automatically though.

label.PNG

Alan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You can do it (in a rather unsatisfactory manner) by writing your label in a text box and then dragging this onto the graph, as has been done in the image below. You can't get Mathcad to label points automatically though.

label.PNG

Alan

You can insert an EXCEL component into version 15, pass data to it and create the graph in EXCEL (which gives more graphing flexibility.

Do you know if this is possible on MathCad Prime 1,2,3 ?

Giulio Fraulini wrote:

Do you know if this is possible on MathCad Prime 1,2,3 ?

No, in Prime you don't even have the ability to add a plot title, axis labels or a legend. You are supposed to use text boxes even for those things.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:gfraulini)

Another possibility is to use the Amazing Images eBook routines. See thread http://communities.ptc.com/community/mathcad/mathcad-usage/blog/2010/05/27/creating-amazing-images-with-mathcad-14 for details on downloading

Top Tags