cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Laplace Transforms_Theory_and_Prime Examples.pdf

KarlBogha
12-Amethyst

Laplace Transforms_Theory_and_Prime Examples.pdf

Hi All,

Laplace Transforms Prime file with notes.

Tutorial with worked examples.

If any of the Physics group students did NOT get his I would have to post it per community.

I don't know how it would get to all if Its uploaded for one community.

Cheers and Thanks.

Karl Bogha.

N/A.
9 REPLIES 9
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:KarlBogha)

"I don't know how it would get to all if Its uploaded for one community.":

If you go to the PTC community and select "PTC Mathcad"  by its button(

) but none of the Mathcad (sub-)communities, but instead click the PTC Mathcad button once more, you get to the "recent content" page that shows the recent content (same as:PTC Mathcad), for all and irrespective of, whatever Mathcad (sub-)community an item was submitted to.

"...I would have to post it per community":

If you do want to make sure that an item is seen from within another Mathcad community, then rather than to submit the same info a second time, post a single item with just a link to the item in the first Mathcad community. This improves the chance that any comments on the item will be added to a single item, rather than become scattered over copies of an item in various communities.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I have a few comments on, and problems with your document,

centered around your elaboration of "Example 3.9":

Luc

Thanks Meekes, Luc

I corrected your item numbers 1,2,3, and 4.
I knew the built in function exited, was careless on the u(t) because I was trying to make it a created function rather than use the built-in.

Check the rest of the file.

I will post an updated file - Rev 1 later.

I never used Laplace in my work before but now I am very interested in Signal Processing for Power Systems so any hints or solutions you have are very welcome.

N/A.
-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi Karl,

I think that  my applications of the Laplace transform should satisfy you quite. Here below is a list of some works made by me:

some pdf.jpg

Thanks Francesco,

I am studying the transforms in a signals and systems tutorial book for Mathcad/Prime.

My objective was to use the software as a learning tool plus pickup on how to use the software.

Next onto Z transforms the last transform for the tutorial book. Then the Prime Signal Processing functions the next chapter after Z. But wait there is a interface chapter for National Instruments. Okay the rest of the book!

Having completed that I would use the functions to solve a few problems in signals and systems. Then to the signal processing for power systems and filters in protection relays.

Questions:
Is Mathlab 16b the current version worth putting an effort into? Time for learning curve.

It is popular with engineering textbooks.

Prime I like because its how the equations are entered and the programming steps are easy so far NOT dont anything complex.

Kind Regards,

Karl Bogha.

N/A.
-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi Karl,

Although Prime has something catchy, it has some big limitations compared with M15, so it is not recommended for use. for example, find and replace does not allow the use of variables with subscript, furthermore you can not edit drawings made with windows-paint, and so on. Somewhere there is a list of all the things that it is not able to do, always in respect of M15.

Greetings

FM

Hello Francesco,

What about the programming side between Prime and Mathcad 15, then Mathcad and Mathlab?

My perception is Mathlab really has a programming language while Prime has some looping commands etc.

N/A.
-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi Karl,

Some time ago, between matlab and mathcad, I chose mathcad, because I found it very "user friendly", being, in fact, a CAD. Matlab with the command line, I did not like at all  , as all the other command-line programs, although it is rich with builtin functions for various branches of engineering. As programming language I prefer the visual C ++ which is a very powerfull language and  whose libraries can be embedded in  mathcad.  For long time I'm totally dedicated to the realization of projects with mathcad 15. Prime is very rudimentary in relation to mathcad 15.  With regard to mathlab's programming language you have to ask others.

Bye bye

The version I have is the student version and at that time I could not get Mathcad 15 for student version. Only Prime 2.0 was available. I maybe wrong here but I did get feedback on this and the best was that Prime 2.0 may read the M15 files but that too did not work for the student version.

Going forward PTC is only selling Prime.

Though there maybe some misgiving or disadvantages, like the Frame (motion) is not available, I am satisfied with it. I had been able to do the transforms.

I am NOT of the opinion there is a handicap with Prime wrt to Signal Processing, thus far with my experience with Prime 2.0.

Thanks, Appreciate your feedback.

N/A.
Top Tags