cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Length of Find Statement

pbuxton
1-Newbie

Length of Find Statement

Hi,

I'm using the given - find solve a series of equations and the number of variable that are being solved for has resulted in the find statement being longer than the page width, is there a simply way to get this onto one page width, ie on a second line etc. before I start to look at changing the variable names or possibly carrying out some substitution in the equations to reduce the number of solve variable's. I'm Using Mathcad 15. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:pbuxton)

Paul Buxton wrote:

Hi,

I'm using the given - find solve a series of equations and the number of variable that are being solved for has resulted in the find statement being longer than the page width, is there a simply way to get this onto one page width, ie on a second line etc. before I start to look at changing the variable names or possibly carrying out some substitution in the equations to reduce the number of solve variable's. I'm Using Mathcad 15. Thanks.

No.

You can break up some equations, if they have a series of addition/subtractions, by using ctl-Enter, which allows you to have parts of the expression on separate lines. Otherwise, I'm afraid you're stuck with finding ways round it, such as Landscape rather then Portrait page orientation or using vectors to hold some of the variables.

Stuart

Cheers Stuart. I thought as much, but just thought I'd ask!

Top Tags