cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Limits error

Dumitru
1-Newbie

Limits error

Hi! Is there any way to generate a solve block in which based on several conditions, you can get the results for a number of variables ? I have an exemple based on ~given~ (works fine for individual variables, but not for multiple ones - as extracted from an array for exemple) but cannot attach since it's above limit (3 mb) therefore it's only .pdf. Sorry for that!
5 REPLIES 5
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Dumitru)

Yes, this is possible, but how to do it depends on the version of Mathcad. This is not the main forum, which is here: http://collab.mathsoft.com/~mathcad2000 Log in and go to this thread: http://collab.mathsoft.com/~Mathcad2000/read?133770,11e#133770 That forum also has much bigger upload limits, although still not 3Mb. You can make the file much smaller if you go to File, Properties, XML Options, and select "no images" and "don't store large evaluated results". Then save it as a compressed XML document. If you post a file to the forums it can be a good idea to post it in version 11 .mcd format for a wider audience, but sometimes you can lose stuff in the file if you do that. Richard

Thanks! I've read them all, still now idea on what to do next. Still, I managed to reduce the size of my file and added to this post (as .mcd had no success therefore had to revert to .pdf). The idea is: 1. D is an array consisting of vectors (ie. D0920) with different sizes (all the values that exceed the size of a given vector appear as zeros in D up to the size of the longest vector - which is ok) 2. Y is considered a function of X to which I imposed 4 conditions 3. I need to obtain results not just for particular values of X and Y, but for the whole arrays..in other word how can I turn Aa, Ba, Ca and Da in arrays? Any suggestion will be valued...(i'm using v. 13) Kind regards, Dumitru
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Dumitru)

This forum has ridiculously low upload limits, and is a backwater forum anyway (the upload limits being one reason why). Let's move to the main forum. Richard

I need to obtain results not just for particular values of X and Y, but for the whole arrays..in other word how can I turn Aa, Ba, Ca and Da in arrays? (need to change the indexes so I get results for all possible combinations...Y is re-written as a function of X with 4 unknown constants (A, B, C and D) which are calculated by imposing 4 conditions. Ecm is the same as Ecm.u from the list but has GPa as unit (accidentally deleted that definition). E.o.6 is an array with the same indexes as Y and X). Kind regards, Dumitru P.S. tried to create a new topic in main forum - got the same error about size (attached only as pdf) P.P.S. could not upload (Could not access ftp directory: '/opt/d00/content/download/docs/forums/thumbs'. Please check your FTP Settings)

Thanks to Richard (richard.jackson@nirrir.com) here is a possible solution (http://collab.mathsoft.com/~Mathcad2000/login search for „Arrays...�)
Announcements

Top Tags