cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Links broken in old e-book

FDS
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Links broken in old e-book

I have an old e-book out of Schaum's engineering series. As the original program was on a diskette I just copied the hbk and folder into my MC15 handbook folder. Although MC 15 opens the splash screen I cannot open the the TOC and all links seem to be broken if I open the TOC straight from the folder in my handbook. Is there a solution available to correct this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mzeftel
1-Newbie
(To:FDS)

The file ending in hbk must be named the same as the folder where all the mcd and any other files live.

The hbk file sits in a folder, with a subfolder below it with all the other files.

That should make it work. Sometimes the home button on the Resource Center doesn't work. Try pressing the blue arrows on top to move to the next file.

Which book is it?

Mona

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mzeftel
1-Newbie
(To:FDS)

The file ending in hbk must be named the same as the folder where all the mcd and any other files live.

The hbk file sits in a folder, with a subfolder below it with all the other files.

That should make it work. Sometimes the home button on the Resource Center doesn't work. Try pressing the blue arrows on top to move to the next file.

Which book is it?

Mona

FDS
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:mzeftel)

Dear Mona, Thanks the trick with the blue arrows did it.

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:mzeftel)

Mona Zeftel wrote:

Sometimes the home button on the Resource Center doesn't work. Try pressing the blue arrows on top to move to the next file.

Mona,

Which sort of "Sometimes" is that? I've found that it is an "Always" [doesb't work] problem.

If there is a particular solution to resolve it I'd be greatful, as I have many users with this problem, and I could fix any 'mistakes' in the hbk files etc. at source.

Philip

Philip,

It's currently broken. It depends on which version of Mathcad you have installed, as it worked in older versions. That's what I meant by sometimes.

It's been logged.

Mona

Top Tags