cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Lookup worksheet errors

MA_10190545
6-Contributor

Lookup worksheet errors

I have converted numerous MathCAD 15 programs over to Prime. In doing so I am having issues with the 'Include' look-up not reading/working properly. About half the time the source/path works just fine, but on the others I get a warning - "PTC MathCAD is using the CWD, Approximate Equality, Strict Singularity Check of the current worksheet, not the CWD, Approximate Equality, Strict Singularity Check settings from the 'Source Worksheet'" It also tells me there are calculation errors in the Source Worksheet when there are none. Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MA_10190545 wrote:

Vladimir, Thank you for the help. Stuart did hint at this above, and when I have the Reference worksheet and the Using Calculation in the same folder it still does not solve the issue. See attached photo. And in the Reference Worksheet the error message states there are calculation errors in C///.... When there are not any. 

One thing to beware of is that Mathcad Prime changed how global definitions work.  Once you've defined a name as global, you can't redefine it.  You've defined W normally in the AISC worksheet but globally in your End PI worksheet.  I'm not sure whether a global definition in the main worksheet propagates into the referenced worksheet.  Try changing your global W to something else and see if the problem goes away.

Stuart 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Could you please add the included worksheet (Sectdata AISC 14th Edition.mcdx)?

Stuart

See attached

Unfortunately, these worksheets require the full Mathcad Prime 7 and have a lot of programs in them.  I only have Mathcad Express which doesn't have programming capability. Hopefully, someone with a subscription will be able to take a look at it.  Sorry.

Stuart

Ah, forgot to ask - are you using the End PI worksheet in a different directory to the AISC worksheet?  If so, the CWD, etc warning may simply refer to the difference in the value of CWD in the two worksheets.  I downloaded both worksheets to the same directory, updated the Include file, and the warning went away.  Consequently, it doesn't look as if the warning has much relevance for numerical accuracy.

Stuart

They are currently under different directories. When I tried having them in the same place it did not change anything for me. 

Hi,

1. Read the following article - "How to avoid warning on CWD (Current Working Directory) system variable in Mathcad Prime": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS319685

2. There was a similar question before - "CWD": https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/CWD/td-p/597577

MA_10190545
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

Vladimir, Thank you for the help. Stuart did hint at this above, and when I have the Reference worksheet and the Using Calculation in the same folder it still does not solve the issue. See attached photo. And in the Reference Worksheet the error message states there are calculation errors in C///.... When there are not any. 

MA_10190545_0-1644270680509.png

@MA_10190545 wrote:

One thing to beware of is that Mathcad Prime changed how global definitions work.  Once you've defined a name as global, you can't redefine it.  You've defined W normally in the AISC worksheet but globally in your End PI worksheet.  I'm not sure whether a global definition in the main worksheet propagates into the referenced worksheet.  Try changing your global W to something else and see if the problem goes away.

Stuart 

Eurika Stuart 

That seems to be the solution to this problem. Not sure why W was used where it was defined but changing it solves all those problems.

Thanks a boat load Stuart. I will definitely be seeking some more guidance in the future. 

Michael

No worries, Michael.  I've been annoyed by Prime's global definition restrictions several times (esp when converting mcd/xmcd worksheets).  From a functional point of view, I don't understand why the change was made.

Stuart

Top Tags