cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

MC15: Solving an ODE

MoeSzyslak
4-Participant

MC15: Solving an ODE

All --

I don't have much experience solving ODEs in Mathcad, Any ideas why this doesn't work?

FWIW, I know I can separate variable and just put the necessary equations inside of a solve block and Minerr it, but that produces its own set of problems, so I would like to try this. Obviously, the symbolic engine chokes on the integral, so we can't do it directly.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Moe Szyslak wrote:

Thanks for the tip, but even after I remove units, I get the same, largely unhelpful, error message: "Cannot understand this syntax".

Change LHS with RHS of the equation - Mathcad 15 likes the derivatives on the LHS. No comment.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Odesolve doesn't work with units (yes, thats one advantage of Prime) so try without.

MoeSzyslak
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks for the tip, but even after I remove units, I get the same, largely unhelpful, error message: "Cannot understand this syntax".

Moe Szyslak wrote:

Change LHS with RHS of the equation - Mathcad 15 likes the derivatives on the LHS. No comment.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MoeSzyslak)

Is this of any help? (Mathcad 11)

MoeSzyslak
4-Participant
(To:MoeSzyslak)

All -- thanks a ton. Removing units AND bringing the derivative over the the LHS of the equation did the trick, as Werner showed. I am even able to solve the more general problem (i.e., with an integral premultiplier that has h in it's limits) after this modification (though only for a very limited parameter space).

Thanks again for the help.

Top Tags