cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Mandrel Pull Out1.xmcd

chogan
1-Newbie

Mandrel Pull Out1.xmcd

Hi,

This is a copy of my worksheet, as said in my previous post I want to vary the angle to get 10 different force outputs for all three. I am struggling with the "find" commmand.

Any help greatly appreciated, thankyou!

cameron

3 REPLIES 3

Moving to Mathcad

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:chogan)

Don't create a document.

We can add comments but we cannot answer your question by attaching a file.

Create a normal discussion/question, attach your file and we will be able to help you by changing your file.

What I have understood so far is that you would like to vary the value of x. So you would have to turn any variable which depends on x into a function of x and use that in your solve block. Also the solve block has to be turned into a function of x like Results(x):= Find(...)

Then you can call results with different angles x or with a vector consisting of different angles.

There may be a problem because your solution vector consists of values with different units/dimensions. Wen can assign this to a vector consisting of three variables, as you had done, but we cannot assign it one variable or one function Results(x).

So we have to assign it a vector consisting of three function definitions. This is a bit inefficient, as the solve block now has to be called three times to get all three values for a single x and not just once. But the alternative is to temporarily strip the units and reattach them later and this would be the worse option, i guess.

WE

EDIT: See the answers here -> Re: Input Variables for the find function

chogan
1-Newbie
(To:chogan)

Hi WE,

Apologies for posting this twice, my mistake. But thankyou for your help, it was great!

best,

Cameron

Top Tags