cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

MathCAD 15 questions

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

MathCAD 15 questions

Management has asked me some questions about MathCAD 15 that our users are refusing to upgrade to MathCAD Prime 9. We have licenses for both programs.

Are there any security issues with using MathCAD 15 and the files it generates? We are working in the nuclear industry so a lot of the calculations and data used are classified and we want to be sure that nothing in MathCAD will allow that data to be inadvertently compromised.

Does someone know when the End of Support date was for MathCAD 15? We can maybe use this as leverage to force the users to adapt to MathCAD Prime 9.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

End of sale was at the end of 2021, but users could buy a license (I guess for up to four years) before that date. So limited support should be granted at least up to the end of 2015 IMHO. Nor sure about the legal issues with support for perpetual licenses.

Maybe some PTC representative can give you a definitive, authoritative answer to your questions.

I am not aware of any security issues with Mathcad 15, but who knows. Password protected regions were not 100% secure in Mathcad but I would guess that the  same applies to Prime.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

I have additional question dealing with MathCAD 15. 

Does MathCAD 15 run on Windows 11?

Is there a list of operating systems that will run MathCAD 15? We run it on an application server that the users remote into, so that has to be accounted for in our long range planning and conversion.

Windows 10 was the latest a fully supported platform for the latest Mathcad 15 M050 service release.

And additional information on the 11th version can be found here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Running-Mathcad-with-Windows-11/td-p/748123

End of sale was at the end of 2021, but users could buy a license (I guess for up to four years) before that date. So limited support should be granted at least up to the end of 2015 IMHO. Nor sure about the legal issues with support for perpetual licenses.

Maybe some PTC representative can give you a definitive, authoritative answer to your questions.

I am not aware of any security issues with Mathcad 15, but who knows. Password protected regions were not 100% secure in Mathcad but I would guess that the  same applies to Prime.

After December 31, 2021, PTC will no longer have the right to sell or distribute the third-party component contained in:

• Mathcad 15.0
  • Mathcad Prime 1.0 to 6.0

Links:

Hi,

I guess your users are refusing to upgrade to MathCAD Prime 9 because of the fact that some MathCAD 15 functionality is not implemented in MathCAD Prime 9 and conversion of MathCAD 15 files to MathCAD Prime 9 can bring a lot of unnecessary problems.

Martin Hanák

Top Tags