cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Running Mathcad with Windows 11

Mko
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Running Mathcad with Windows 11

Windows 11 will be released as early as next month.  Has anyone done some testing of the existing versions of Mathcad (i.e. MC15, Prime 3-7) to identify issues under Win 11.  Personally, I have a perpetual academic license for MC Prime 3.1, and as a retiree, I am loathe buy a subscription version.  

Furthermore, I have had to reinstall MC Prime 3.1 several times and it has never been an easy task.  Unless I am reasonably certain that an upgrade to Win 11 will not be an issue for Mathcad Prime 3.1, I will simply stay with Win10.

thoughts?
Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:Mko)

All I can really officially say is that PTC hasn't certified any Mathcad product for Windows 11, so any possible issues is just a risk.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
o.svahn
9-Granite

Prime 7 and Mathcad 15 works fine with Windows 11 for me. What´s not working is Excel  component in Prime 7 but works fully in Mathcad 15. I was using Office 365 latest version when testing!

Regards

Owe   

Mko
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:o.svahn)

Owe,

That’s good to know.  I am assuming that you are running one of the pre-release versions of win 11.

For me, there is still a concern as to whether Prime 3.1 will work, or whether there will be issues with license management.

thanks for the quick reply

mike

o.svahn
9-Granite

Hello Mike

yes - I´m a Windows Insider  and I tested an early  version of win 11 during my 30 day trial of Prime 7 ! Don´t know anything about Prime 3.1 !

kudos

Owe

Mko
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:o.svahn)

Owe,

Thanks again.  I was hoping that someone from PTC would reply as well, given that Mathcad is a Windows product.

Regarding your testing, did you need to do a complete reinstall of Mathcad after migration from Win 10 to Win 11, or did mathcad move as part of the migration to win 11.

mike

o.svahn
9-Granite

Mike

just to upgrade  windows from 10 to 11 does not  inpact any of your installed applications - if you do a clean install of win 11 means that you have to reinstall all your apps !!

regards

Owe

DJNewman
17-Peridot

All I can really officially say is that PTC hasn't certified any Mathcad product for Windows 11, so any possible issues is just a risk.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Mko
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:DJNewman)

Thanks.

anyone from PTC care to comment?

mike

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

By the way, for Creo there is such a document available - "Creo Future Platform Support Summary": https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/7D1BD5F82F7B483C90454DE134F29D8E.ashx?sc_lang=en 

ppal
17-Peridot

My problem may be the other way - will future Prime run on windows 10!

Can't upgrade to 11 - no TPM chip.

We all have our problems.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:ppal)

@ppal wrote:

My problem may be the other way - will future Prime run on windows 10!

Can't upgrade to 11 - no TPM chip.

We all have our problems.

Hi,

according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-10-home-and-pro page, Retirement Date of Windows 10 is Oct 14, 2025. I expect that Mathcad will run on Windows 10 until this date.

Martin Hanák
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Next release in March this year - Mathcad Prime 8.0 is certified to run on the newest Windows operating system, Windows 11 (version 21H2).

Mko
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:VladimirN)

Vladimir,

that is good to know, but as I explained at the beginning of this thread, as a retired guy, buying the new version of Mathcad is not on my radar.  Furthermore, my desktop doesn’t meet Win 11 system requirements either, so I’ll be on Win10 a while longer.

thanks

mike

Top Tags