cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

MathCad 12 Student Edition

PhilippTuchel
1-Newbie

MathCad 12 Student Edition

Dear Sir or Madam, I have recently bought the MathCad 12 Student Edition, but unfortunately it has neither worked on Windows XP nor on Windows Vista properly. First I have entered the Product-Key on both systems correctly and MathCad has been installed. On Windows Vista I have not been able to open mathcad.exe. To activate MathCad I have to open it, right? On Windows XP I have had the same problem besides opening mcad.exe for activation. After double-clicking on mathcad.exe and mcad.exe I have seen a running window, but it has been shut down. What is my fault? I'm looking forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance. Best regards, Philipp Tuchel
2 REPLIES 2

You may try the help page for Mathcad 12 https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/kdb.jsp?Product=Mathcad&Release=12&DocType=kdb_article The help page for Mathcad 13 can also be gotten to from the page above and it contains some other things you may encounter with activation problems. I recently tried to put Mathcad 12, which I successfully ran on my old computer, on a new computer but I also had problems activating it. I think my problems, however were related to my computer being a Mac with a partitioned hard drive containing Windows XP. In talking with the tech people I was informed however that Mathcad 12 can no longer be activated automatically. It must be done manually, but this still requires that you go through the activation wizard and get a license number and request code, which it sounds like you wouldn't be able to do. My best guess would be to call the technical support. The US number is 1-781-370-5204.

Sorry, I see now that you are in Germany. Here is the tech support number for Germany +800-PTC-4-HELP (00-800-78-24-43-57) You may also check out this help forum http://collab.mathsoft.com/~Mathcad2000 I think some people there were having issues with Windows Vista.
Top Tags