cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

MathCad15 and VB 2010

ptc-4235003
1-Newbie

MathCad15 and VB 2010

Hi Everyone,

This may have been raised befor but I need some help.

Simple input and output in MathCad15, using the code from other parts of the form to write the VB code (VS 2010) to call the Mathcad file works find (Thanks to all who have contributed).

The problem is consistency, when I run the programe the values are passed to in0, in1 ect......the calculation is done (Recalculate) and the output is passed back to the calling VB programe (out0).

I rerun the application and nothing! Regardles of what I do i cannot get the interaction between the app and mathcad. Shutting it all down and restarting VB and Mathcad works sometime but it seems like pot luck.

It is a simple calc out0:= in0 + in1 for testing purposes but I cannot get it to work!

Any Help please

3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-4235003)

I rerun the application and nothing! Regardles of what I do i cannot get the interaction between the app and mathcad.

What do you mean? What does it do? Give an error? Crash? Fail to get the output value?

Emoticons.............there should be a sheepish one.

New to MathCAD is my excuse so I'll stick to that one.

The problem was that since I had defined what out0 was (out0:=in0 + in1) I had assumed that all I had to do was reference that variable in my application and all would be sweet.

I did not realize that I had to call out0 within MathCAD (out0=) in order for it to do the calculation and therefore give me a value that I could pass back to my application…………..

Sorry to have wasted your time but thank you for the reply

Regards

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-4235003)

OK. No problem. Glad you figured it out.

Announcements

Top Tags