cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Mathcad M045 Windows 10 installation error

lvandekamp
1-Newbie

Mathcad M045 Windows 10 installation error

Hello,

I'm encountering an error when trying to install Mathcad on windows 10. I have never installed Mathcad before and am using a trial license file that was emailed to me after registering for an account. I can't seem to find anyone having a similar error. I'm running the installer as administrator in windows 8 compatibility mode, and I've tried both normal and silent installations but get the same error each time. I attached a picture of the error. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thank you.Capture.PNG

Also, I should note that I installed Mathcad prime to find it is not compatible with the file I am trying to open(.xmcd), so I am trying to install Mathcad 15.

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:lvandekamp)

First off: you shouldn't need to run the installer in any compatibility mode. Mathcad 15 should install just fine in Windows 10.

But you shoud make sure that all prerequisites are fulfilled. (proper version of .Net installed).

The error message you show suggests that the error is occurring when one of the Microsoft visual C re-distributable is being installed.

What the problem is and why it is happening isn't clear, but if you search for "VC80 error" and the error code "1fc8b..." there are a number of forums where this topic has been discussed - hopefully one of them will be able to offer suitable advice to fix it.

Regards

Andy

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:lvandekamp)

In addition, this forum has many posts on installation problems, like Installing Mathcad 15?.

Just search and you will find.

Success!
Luc

Top Tags