cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Mathcad Not Returning The Correct Sum of An Array

davidlimtw
7-Bedrock

Mathcad Not Returning The Correct Sum of An Array

Hi All,

I created a set data and put them in matrix. Some data product has return the correct value, but there is not return the total sum of the array. Not sure why this has happen.

Please help.

davidlimtw_0-1688727250437.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:davidlimtw)

7 REPLIES 7
ttokoro
20-Turquoise

image.pngimage.png

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1688730056859.png

Since your values in each vector are all the same, why are you carrying vectors?

The vector calculate @ each 1m point of the line

I do not understand why the sum from 0 to 1751 produces different results. It seems to me that the problem is related to units...

MartinHanak_0-1688733261389.png

Martin Hanák

@MartinHanak wrote:

I do not understand why the sum from 0 to 1751 produces different results. It seems to me that the problem is related to units...

MartinHanak_0-1688733261389.png

I apologize to other community members for posting a nonsense.

Martin Hanák
Werner_E
25-Diamond I

If you tell Prime that it should multiply two vectors, you of course get the scalar product.

For what you seem to intend "vectorization"  as already shown by others is intended.

See the difference:

Werner_E_0-1688739531737.png

BTW, the unit for your Thermal Expansion Coefficient is wrong! It sure should not be 1/coulomb!

Use Delta°C or even better K (Kelvin)

And I guess its always better to close one thread before opening the next one. See: Re: No solution found on solve block, but root fun... - PTC Community

Thanks Werner for spotting the erroe.

Announcements

Top Tags