cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Mathcad Prime 10 TextBox

Raiko
16-Pearl

Mathcad Prime 10 TextBox

Hi folks,

has anybody figured out whether the textbox can change/adjust:

• fonts
  • switch on/off the border (see image)
  • removing the output variable entirely

It seems to me that Prime 10 is lacking these features in text boxes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:Raiko)

I"m curious what the use case of removing the output variable is.

I mean, you can make it valueless so if you evaluate what the text box was defined to then it's just "", and you can hide the definition so no one reading your worksheet will know what it is.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

DJNewman
17-Peridot

I"m curious what the use case of removing the output variable is.

I mean, you can make it valueless so if you evaluate what the text box was defined to then it's just "", and you can hide the definition so no one reading your worksheet will know what it is.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

Removing the output would make sense if the text box is just used to display a result like the "pass" and "fail" in the thread Luc had linked to.
In this case its useless to have to assign the textbox to a variable which we do not intend to use.
Of course we can assign the box to a dummy variable and then hide and collapse the left hand side of that (unnecessary) assignment.

But I too sure would be interested how to change the font family, font style, alignment, etc from within the script and being able to remove the border or change its look (double lines, shadow, ..) like we could do in Mathcad would be beneficial, too.

Raiko
16-Pearl
(To:DJNewman)

Hi,

my case is exactly as Werner described it. I only want to display a text, therefore I don't need an out put variable. Having only the text and display it without a frame makes it easier to read in documentation. However, for the life of me I can't figure out how you're hiding the definition.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

However, for the life of me I can't figure out how you're hiding the definition.

Werner_E_0-1717418723087.png

Check both options to hide the left hand side and also save the space it would take up.

Actually just checking "Collapse" also automatically hides the left hand side.
The two options in combination are not intuitive but they work 😉

DJNewman
17-Peridot

Before:
DJNewman_1-1717418876661.png

After:

DJNewman_2-1717418915443.png

If a user doesn't know the definition variable used, and it's never referenced again, then there is effectively no output.

Edit: My answer was more than 2 minutes late!

Raiko
16-Pearl
(To:DJNewman)

Finally I found out "how to". It was hidden in plain sight on the ribbon.

Thanks for the reply

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Oops, so my answer was 2 minutes too late 🙂

Top Tags