cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Mathcad Prime 10

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite

Mathcad Prime 10

I got a notice that Prime 10 is coming, or here, but no date. Does anyone know when Prime 10 will be available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'd ask https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-eSupport-Help-Discussions/bd-p/PTCeSupportHelpDiscussions to figure that one out (how much in advance of a product's release PTC Support starts sending you alerts), but I've now been inspired to similarly subscribe to Mathcad product release updates to see what the experience is like.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

PTC product calendar now says April 2024.

I'm curious where you got that notice from!

Mathcad Prime 10 is scheduled to release in April 2024. You'll see PTC promoting this publicly starting in late February or early March.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

@DJNewman wrote:

I'm curious where you got that notice from!

As he said, PTC product (release) calendar:

https://support.ptc.com/cs/release-calendar/index.html

Werner_E_0-1706539872773.png

DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:Werner_E)

Well, getting a notice means, what, like an email or something?

Does the product calendar send emails to people for upcoming releases?

@DJNewman wrote:

Well, getting a notice means, what, like an email or something?

Does the product calendar send emails to people for upcoming releases?

I don't think so, but I don't know for sure.
To be honest, my main concern when dealing with companies is not how to accomplish to get mails from them but rather how to avoid or stop getting mails 😉

The product calender of PTC seems to be rather kind of something you have to know that it exists and where (quite demanding anyway given the design and structure of PTCs web site *) ) and you have to actively look for in case you are really interested in 😉

*) Actually I found the link using a google search  for "PTC product calender". I still don't know how to access that page via the menus starting at ptc.com. My first guess would be "Products & Solutions" but after having a hard time finding Mathcad, I was trapped at "mathcad.com" with no way out and of course no product calender. Given the URL found by Google the next try at ptc.com was "Support & Education". No clue which of the eight topics offered would reveal the product calender - tried a few but without success. Since I first got into contact with the PTC web site the site sure was undergoing some significant changes, but it was and still is a nightmare to navigate and find what you are looking for... 😞

EDIT: Finally found it! Its "Support & Education" - "eSupport" -> Manage and monitor software ...

Hi,

I use ...

Martin Hanák

@MartinHanak wrote:

Hi,

I use ...

There is no link to the appropriate web page.

As I already wrote I don't want a company to send me automatic 'info' mails, so I won't subscribe to any of these channels (furthermore the release date of the next Prime disappointment is not of high priority for me).

But I expect a homepage to be designed in a way so that I easily find the information about there product I am looking for when I am about to look for. IMHO it is an indictment of the web designers that the corresponding page could not be found intuitively via their menu system, but a search engine had to be used.

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

I asked to be on the mailing list because when Prime 9.0 came out it was a couple of weeks before I knew to upgrade. I was told that I should be on the News Alert list to get notified for upgrades.

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite
(To:DJNewman)

I got an email from PTC 

Technical Support eNews & Alerts

Dear Lawrence Lederer,

This is your PTC eNews & Alerts Email , which you are currently scheduled to receive every  Monday.This email contains the following:

Product Family: 1

Product Family: Mathcad

Changes Related to Mathcad

Product

Release

Status

Change

Mathcad Prime

New Release

null

Copyright © 2023 PTC Inc.

Follow PTC  

You are receiving this email, as you have subscribed to PTC Technical Support, Product & Service or PTC Express Monthly Newsletter. If you wish to unsubscribe or update your email subscription settings, please visit Manage your PTC eNews & Alerts .

contact PTC | privacy policy | unsubscribe | update preferences

Thanks, this is helpful.

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite
(To:DJNewman)

I am still not understanding why I was notified that there is a Prime 10 when it is not scheduled for release until April.

I'd ask https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-eSupport-Help-Discussions/bd-p/PTCeSupportHelpDiscussions to figure that one out (how much in advance of a product's release PTC Support starts sending you alerts), but I've now been inspired to similarly subscribe to Mathcad product release updates to see what the experience is like.

Top Tags